David, from the blog 20somethings in 2013, nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s a really great way for everyone to learn about new and different bloggers. I’m honored to have been chosen by David, and recommend everyone to read his blog! He highlights experiences of various 20somethings in the work/ education force. If you fit the criteria, you can even write a post and email it to him– you could be featured! I’ve emailed him, and I will link to the post once it’s up!
To be considered to the award, you need to answer 11 questions and, in turn, nominate 11 of your blogging peers. My 11 Questions are below:
1.What qualities matter most to you in a job?
– I believe time is valuable, for in life, we have a finite amount of it. A job needs to be worth this time. It needs to fit into my long-term goals. It needs to matter.
2. What is your dream job?
– My dream job is to be an anthropologist for an international business. I’d love to work internationally, and use my experience in anthropology and marketing to help the company understand and expand on its own culture.
3. Who are your role models?
– Many people in my family, and a few professors that I’ve had. I’m lucky to be in a family with multiple inspiring people. This inspiration doesn’t just come from professional success, but personal accomplishments as well. One professor, Dr. Chase, taught some of my Anthropology courses, but left the life of academia to pursue happiness. She showed me that my dream job was attainable.
4. What inspires you?
– Passion. I love to see people who are in professional and personal positions that give them pure joy.
5. What is your favorite quote?
– “Follow your bliss” -Joseph Campbell
6. If you could travel ten years back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
– I would advise myself not to worry as much. Everything will work itself out over time.
7. What special or unusual skills do you have?
– I speak Italian. I don’t think that is too unusual in general. But, I live in Texas, so it’s special here.
8. What is your greatest achievement?
– Being in my position at 22 years old. I have overcome personal obstacles; been unsure of myself; however, I graduated from college, got engaged, and got a full-time marketing job all in one year.
9. What is the most unexpected fact you’ve learned from your job search?
– You won’t hear back from every application. This blew my mind at first. I would freak out when I wouldn’t hear from a company for a while. But, that’s just how it is sometimes.
10. What are your best qualities?
– I’m accepting and (usually) up to try new things. I’m working on my confidence, though. Growing my confidence will help me grow professionally and personally. Growing in both areas are very important to me. I guess I’m also driven.
11. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
– Probably somebody that would give me an ego boost: Zooey Deschanel, or Emma Watson (if I were British).
I’ve chosen to recognize the 11 blogs listed below. Thank you all for reading. I look forward to reading your responses! You can answer the same questions that I have (above).
Ask the Young Professional
The Narcissistic Anthropologist
The Four Ps
Life Out of the Box
The Way We Live Now